Tuesday, 30 October 2012

BBB Celebrates 8 Years This Week

Well, I wouldn't have believed it myself had I not kept a record of the date, but this Wednesday's show celebrates the fact that I've been broadcasting the BBB for 8 years.

Originally called the "Bowness Bit o' Bollocks" with an hilarious play on my surname to sound like "Bonus", it reflected that it was a bonus to The Z Show which Kenz and I were broadcasting every Sunday at the time. It wasn't as regular as once a week back then (gaps of two to four weeks occurred) and there was actually a show called "Surprise Show" that was broadcast a month before; but 3rd November 2004 saw the first show that became simply the BBB when I moved over to Sweden in June 2005.

In order to thank you listeners (some of you have even been with me since the start), I wanted to celebrate the fact with a special show this week. "Special" in that it probably won't be very much different to any other BBB but perhaps with a little more... well, shall we say "unstructured brain patterns" to it.

This show also happens to fall on Hallowe'en, so I expect that some of the requests will reflect this (I will only play so many versions of Cauldron 1 and 2 though!).

So, come joing me and celebrate eight years of utter nonsense. I guarantee the nonsense has not dimished in any way.

 

No comments: